Friday, September 01, 2006

Blog Challenge 3.0

Ah, September 1st.................it seems like such a big marker doesn't it? Closing the door to summer and sprinklers, and opening the window to let the fall breeze in? Summer came and went so quickly. The trees on the hilltops of Mankato that looked like fresh bunches of broccoli not long ago, are starting to look like vegetables past their prime, and are turning colors with the cooling temps.

Looking back on the last month of summer is today's blog challenge for STM. Joz says, "WOW! I'm happy, aren't you?! So going into the new month, let's do some reminiscing and projecting. So, to reminisce - what were you happy about or what was your major accomplishment in August. To project - what will be your main focus for September. You can list as many things as you want." HMMMMM, August...what did I do?

well, I traveled, that's for sure!
Ireland was a dream come true....the scenery, the history.........the Guinness. Ever since I was a young girl, I'd dreamed about going to Ireland.......the place where my ancestors sailed from. The land they loved so much, despite a soil and crop that failed them. 10 days on the Emerald Isle wasn't nearly enough and I hope to go back someday soon.

if you'd like to see all the Ireland photos (because you have way too much time on your hands, here's the link http://chelseaandjason.myphotoalbum.com)

I also got my third tattoo while in Ireland, as planned. Some people, including my parents and sister aren't the biggest fans of tattoos, but I've always love ink. My body is a living scrapbook page--and I want to decorate it and mark the moments of my life. People always say, "but what if you're 60 and you hate it" First of all, I hate that comment..........I'm not a 18 year old sorority girl who's getting a tiny shooting star tattoo to match my bff "Buffy"..........I think about my ink long and hard before I get a piece, and I'm committed to it. They tell the journey of my life and moments that defined who I am, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Scrapwise--I did 7 Ireland pages so, which isn't bad as far as I'm concerned considering I just got back on the 15th. I did my first "real" photoshoot............... my friend Laura, who has now given birth to a beautiful little boy, Peyton, wanted some pictures done to document her pregnancy and called upon me. I've got a long way to go, but I was happy with how the pics turned out for my first psuedo shoot.

What I'd like to do this month:
Scrap:
1. KEEP TAKING PICTURES! with Fall blowing in it's a perfect opportunity for nature shots, and outdoor photo shoots....and with John and Tracie getting engaged any moment, I'd love to take some photos of them.
2. Read photo tutorials online and study up on my owners manual and photo book (hmmm, speaking of Tracie, I think I lent it to her!)
3. Scrap a page or project atleast every other day, so about 15 this month.
4. Keep up on the blog challenges, I'd like to do 90% of Joz's.
5. SUBMIT!!!!!!!!! ( I so haven't done that in a really long time)
Life:
1. um, get my but in gear and start working out again, I've slipped, that's for sure
2. get organized---my desk is a mess, so is my closet!
3. start writing letters again......the kind where you actually pick up a pen and paper, what a concept!

I'll update you on my progress....................if it doesn't go well, I'll blame it on the "dog eating my homework" :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

CHELSEA!!!

I am in love with you! OK, don't go running away. I mean that in the most normal friend-like way!!! =)

INK! I'm inked! Have 5 so far and am going to continue. I never thought about it as scrapbooking my life on my body! AWESOME! I always tell people it's like Egyptian hieroglyphics (sp?) and one day people can look at my skin and know about my life. I, too, think long and hard about my choices and I'm very happy with each and every one of them. OK, well, there is one I may end up covering (it signifies my 2nd marriage which ended this past year, and since I'd kinda like to obtain a new significant other someday, he might not be too happy about that particular tattoo!).

Anyway... this is a phenomenal blog posting. You fulfilled a life-long dream last month, and you're creating a scrapbook of those memories. Wow.

You're funny and amazing, not to mention beautiful. Can't wait to get to know you better! xo

PS - I am a person who has way too much time on her hands at the moment (for the next 2 weeks), so I WILL be checking out your online photo album!!! Can't wait!

September 01, 2006  
Blogger Nancywithajones said...

HEY .. ITs me.. SUperwoman with the cape...

YOU rock pretty hard yourself woman! YOU DID ALOT and Lovin the tats! MAKE ME WORK OUT WITH You well when IM all healed and can lift stuff again.
YOu are rockin and rollin chick just takin names! KEEP IT UP!

September 01, 2006  
Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Hey Chickas!

All three stooges! Love reading your blog Chels! And 90% of my chalenges?! What the?!?! What about the other 10%?!?!?!? Boo!

Rene - you did spell hieroglyphics right! Maybe that can be your next tat!

Nacy - nice to see you hopping around!

September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics