Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Blog Challenge 4.0

Today on STM, Joz said Remember that Heinz commercial? Anticipation.......is making me wait...keeping me waiting....So I wonder.... Argh! Do you like waiting? Why or why not? What are you waiting for today? How do you handle anticipation?

OH, I hate waiting.........hate it! I'm so impatient! Especially when it comes to gifts, always have been. I was that awful little kid that used to unwrap her presents before christmas, play with them, rewrap them and act surprised on christmas morning. I'd search the house for hidden presents.................I can't handle knowing there's things out there for me, but I can't have them yet. I'm still like that. My husband has to hide presents at his office, in fear that I'll get my sticky little fingers on them! Once he's wrapped them--he'll booby trap them so I can't get into them, or he'll know.

A couple years ago my parents had a holiday present shipped to Jason's parents house for us. It came direct from an online company, so it wasn't wrapped, and was in a UPS box. My mother in law decided that just wasn't right and took it upon herself to wrap it. (breath chelsea, breath--do not vent frustrations about mil in blog!) I jokingly asked her what it was, and she basically challenged me to find out--saying "the UPS box is in the entry way.................you won't figure it out"...................oh yeah? she apparently never saw me playing battleship and "pig" pong weeks before christmas as a child, she knew nothing of my detective skills, my shrewd ways of runing every surprise...............hmmmm, a challenge. I grabbed the UPS box and headed straight for the computer.........I could hear her laughing at me upstairs, "ha, there's no info on there--I don't know what she thinks she's going to find"............it was fuel to the fire--and I was determined! I went to UPS.com and put in the tracking #, unfortunately it didn't give a company it came from, just a city---ah, but that's a start.....in order for UPS to deliver they have to have a pickup and delivery phone#, this I know, both of which should be printed on the box. AH-HA, a 1-800 #......I looked up the 1-800 #, which quickly told me the name of the ELECTRONICS company that it was delivered from.....now we're getting somewhere.....I went to the electronics company's website, entered my father's name and guessed at his password, and was right on the first guess (yes, I'm evil, I know).............I walked up the stairs victoriously with an evil smirk on my face and said, "I can't wait to open that 5 disc DVD player next week"............She was livid to say the least....................yeah yeah, I know, it was childish and awful of me.....but she pushed my buttons and challenged me, and neither me or Marty McFly can turn down a good challenge.

oh, back to the original point.................................I'm no good at waiting. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

You are HILARIOUS. Ever consider being a detective??? xo

September 05, 2006  
Blogger Nancywithajones said...

ROFLMBO you are so like me girl.IF I KNOW A PACKAGE IS ON ITS WAY HERE IM LIKE stalking the mail man/ups man/fed ex dude.
I have patience.

September 05, 2006  
Blogger Nancywithajones said...

That shoulda READ I HAVE NOOOOOOOO PATIENCE ROFL

September 05, 2006  
Blogger Kimberly Rae said...

girl you crack me up!!! That woman is a piece of work! LOL....

September 05, 2006  
Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

I've fallen and I can't get up! You continue to crack me up. I was laughing hysterically at that story I think the neighbors all heard me!

I love it too when you see to talk to yourself. "breath chelsea, breath--do not vent frustrations about mil in blog!)"....

You're a classic!

September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics