Monday, March 10, 2008

Bad Ass Scrapbooker

 
So, I got inked again on Friday, Tattoo #5....and I have to say, this one may indeed be my favorite! I had thought about the skull and scissors concept for quite a while now, but it was just a matter of finding the right artist. I talked about it a couple months ago with Omar (OMX) at Revolution Tattoo in Chicago, and set up an appointment for a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it in town on the originally scheduled date, but Omar was able to reschedule me for this past Friday.
I had an idea in my head of what I wanted it to look like, but wasn't quite sure what Omar's take on it would be. I was more than pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the studio on Friday afternoon and saw his drawing! It rocked! I love how the scissors are behind her with the screw in her mouth--I love how she has killer eyelashes, and glare in her eyes, I love that the scissors look exactly like that overly used black handled scissors that I had in the house as a kid. He did an incredible job, and I'm so thankful! I highly recommend him and his studio. (Plus, his wife is just adorable and sweet)
So, there it is. There's no denying it--it's a pretty darn big piece on my forearm, and there's no covering that up, especially when it's warm out. I don't want to cover it up though, I love it. It's so me!!! (people keep telling me that!) I didn't think I'd put a tattoo there for quite some time, as I've been in the corporate world since college; constantly worried about what people might think. I finally decided to though, feeling that I'm not going to change or hide a piece of myself for someone else, especially corporate America....if they don't like it, it's there problem, not mine. I'm a crafty pirate, and that's all there is too it. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheri WhiteFeather said...

Yea for tattoo # 5! I just love body art!

March 11, 2008  
Blogger Jami said...

Holey Sheesh! Nice tattoo Chels! I love it. You've got guts Chicky! Good for you~

March 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics