Sunday, July 15, 2007

around the world

What did you create today? Was it arte, kunst, nckycctbo? Truth be told, that's all the same thing. Those are all different words for art in various languages. As I've taught and worked at various trade shows over the years and been part in design teams and online forums I've been fortunate to meet hundred if not thousands of people, from all over the world. While scrapbooking has been primarily an American phenomenon, it is certainly making it's way around the world. When I was recently at CKU-Ahaheim, I met 2 amazing women from Australia, another from Brazil, and another from Switzerland. A few of my favorite on-line crafters are French. I adore a magazine from Down Under. A dear friend of mine crafts in northern England. I'm being wowed lately by a couple Asian designers and their very unique perspective. It's just so exciting to see how far scrapbooking is going--it's not just stretching across our US borders, but it's circling the globe! The Internet has a big part to do with that--forums and blogs and online shopping oh my! Thank you to all 3 for making this a truly universal hobby for all of us. I'm looking forward to making new friends from this nation and many nations all over.

So, tell me about your world-wide scrappin' experiences and friends!


here's a recent creation while I'm here. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Hey Chelsea! I found yah!!! Hope all is well darlin'. Looking forward to meeting you in person at CHA!

xox

July 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie....

Are you going to be at Memory Trends? Vegas Baby....We will. Let us know.

Your CKU Detroit Bff's Michelle & Hailey (ps. we will not be dressed like scrapbusters)

July 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Are you going to Memory Trends? Vegas Baby..we will.

Let us know. Your Detroit CKU Bff's Michelle & Hailey

July 22, 2007  
Blogger Shari Carroll said...

HI Chelsea!!!!
Wish I could have spent more time with you at CHA...I was swamped!!!!
hugs to you my firned!!!
love ya!!!

July 24, 2007  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my ayout at 2 peas. Always lovely to get comments.

As for scrapbooking. I love it so much. I have met so many people through this craft. Most are Australian (because that is where I have predominantly lived). But now we are in Laos, the first friend I made here was through Two peas. Yep, there is even a scrapbboker over here (well 2 now).

September 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics