Thursday, April 03, 2008

This, that and other such things

The snow is finally starting to melt up here in the frozen tundra. As a matter of fact, it's supposed to get into the 50's this weekend, so I'm sure half the population will be out barbecuing in shorts. (hey, 50's tropical to Minnesotans!) I'm looking forward to the coming of spring weather so I can finally do some outdoor activities, instead of limiting all my workouts to the gym. The one great thing about Minnesota is once the weather warms up, the access to the outdoors is amazing. There are three beautiful bike trails, all within a couple miles of my house....I kayak on a lake only about 8 minutes away...I live in the river valley, which means there's some great hills to climb up and down ("go go gadget thighs!")

Speaking of the gym, I've been a good little gym rat lately and have been really good on my dietary changes. I stopped drinking beer during the weekdays (and for those of you who know me, that's a BIG DEAL....this girl likes her beer), cut out about 90% of the dairy from my diet, and god rid of almost any processed (i.e. boxed and bagged)foods I was eating. Even being a vegetarian for 12 years now, I still needed some improvements to my diet, and god knows my waist line! That being said, I've lost 18 pounds so far! I'm pretty stoked about it, and can't wait to keep going.

Let's see...what else...oh, I'm planning a photography road trip with my best friend Erik for next month. I'll be flying out to California, and then we'll do old route 66 through New Mexico. I've never really explored the southwest, so I'm really looking forward to it! (and spending time with Erik--so we can sing ridiculously loud in the car together and laugh until we nearly wet outselves!)


Jason and I are getting ready for our trip to Europe this summer. I just bought a language translator, which sounds like it may come in handy, especially in the Czek Republic! (we'll be in Germany, Austria, Hungary and the Czek Republic) We'll be traveling with my parents, which I actually quite enjoy. (unless my dad drags me to a ridiculous amount of military forts (his favorite) or castles (I'm putting a trip max on them)) I think my Dad and Jason are most exciting about drinking their way through Europe! A friend and former co-worker of my Father's lives in Prague. She's a native to the area and moved back after living in the US for the majority of her life. I'm really excited that a local will be showing us around, not to mention that her husband is a photographer and I can pick his brain!

Oh, I keep meaning to mention it, and suggest it for your own blogs....do you have a blog tracker? I do! Not only does the tracker cover the basics of how many people came to your blog, and where they came from (direct address, search engine, link from another blog/page), it also gives you the IP address of all your visitors and geographical locations! It's a great tool, to know what's going on behind the scenes. So, "anonymous" might not be so anonymous after all, lol. All jokes aside, it's not so much a "spy tool" (although it can be), as much as it's a fun way of getting to know your blog and your readers a little better. (and if you see they are linking from someone else's blog--you can thank the other blogger for hot linking you!)

I've been actually cleaning! and I don't mean just straightening and dusting--I mean cleaning out--gotta go--no room for you sort of cleaning. My walk-in closet is so perfectly organized I could live in it---well, if there was a bathroom and kitchen in there (note to self for next house). I did the large closet in the spare bedroom today...only adding to the mass of things to get rid of at the garage sale. (yes, I'm giving into suburbia and having my first ever garage sale some time this spring) I even took EVERYTHING out of the pantry and reorganized it. If I'm doing that, I'm obviously getting desperate and avoiding cleaning my studio at any cost! I really have to clean out the studio and the basement--otherwise we'll never get a contractor in there for an estimate, let alone to do any work....but the thought of tackling all the stuff I meticulously threw around the room, in the perfect spot where I'd never be able to find it again, scares me. (although cleaning my studio always feels like christmas--because I always find things I forgot about or didn't even know I bought!)
So, if you're wondering why I haven't posted any art lately--um, that's why....seriously, I'm working on it...or will work on it....soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha said...

hey chelsea!! I found your blog thru Kara's so glad you are doing well. I am on bedrest at the moment waiting for little baby boy to arrive in a few weeks, number 4.
have a great weekend
xoxox
tabitha

April 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics