Tuesday, June 24, 2008

packing

Sorry for the absence--I've been preparing for our trip to Europe. I've packed, and unpacked and repacked again, then unpacked, bought a different backpack and packed again. I want it to be just right--everything in it's place, and easy for me to access. We'll be moving a few times, so it's important that I can get to my stuff when I need it, but be ready to be mobile pretty quickly too. I just got home with my new backpack--it's 5500 Cubic Inches, so a bit bigger then my previous one-the big plus side is though that it has 3 entry points--so it's not just top loading. Top load has it's benefits, don't get me wrong, but in this case, the closer I can access it similarly to a suit case the better.

We leave for Chicago on Friday and spend the night at my parents place. Saturday early afternoon the limo picks us up and takes us to the airport, and off we go! We change planes in London, then finally get to our first destination of Munich, Germany late Sunday morning (their time---it's very very early Sunday our time) We're in Germany for until Friday. (in a couple different locations), then we take a train to Prague in the Czech Republic and spend 5 nights there, then fly to Budapest, Hungary for 3 nights, and finally train back to Munich and spend our last night there before flying back just after 2 weeks total in Europe. I'm going to take a ridiculous amount of photos (of course), and plan to start posting them as soon as I'm back. I'm not bringing my laptop this trip, so you'll most likely have to deal without me for a couple weeks--I know, whatever will my adoring public do!?!?!? lol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Have a nice trip!!!

June 26, 2008  
Blogger ~ maggie brudos ~ said...

hope you are having a blast!!

July 05, 2008  
Blogger Athene said...

OMG! cHELSEA, THAT IS SO WEIRD TO READ THAT YOU WENT TO THE SAME PLACES STEVEN JUST GOT BACK FROM. HE FLEW INTO FRANKFORT, GERMANY ON JULY 14TH AND HEADED TO MUNICH, THEN BUDAPEST. HE WENT TO PRAGUE 3 YEARS AGO AND LOVED IT SO WENT TO SOME OTHER PLACES THIS GO AROUND. HE ALSO WENT TO VIENNA THEN BACK TO GERMANY TO VISIT NURMBERG BEFORE FLYING BACK OUT OF FRANKFORT BACK TO KUWAIT LAST WEEK. HE STAYED IN HOSTELS AGAIN AND HAD A BLAST! HE TRAVELED ON HIS OWN AND JUST MET UP WITH OTHER TRAVELERS HIS AGE. I AM JEALOUS BUT ALSO THRILLED THAT HE IS ABLE TO EXPERIENCE SUCH WONDERFUL SITES AT SUCH AN EARLY AGE. GLAD YOU GOT THE CHANCE ALSO. I JUST HAVE TO LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!! ~~ATHENE

August 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics