Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Life is just a Chair of Bowlies.

A quick 4 hour flight back from LAX to MSP...but you'd think I flew around the world!---it was 82 when I left LA and negative 10 when I landed in the frozen tundra of Minnesota. I was not exactly chipper about getting off the plane in that weather, especially after a lovely week in California. I got home late Saturday night--it's Tuesday now, and the temp still hasn't cracked the O mark---someone please remind me why I live here!?!?!?!?!

So, "how was the show Chels?" ........it was GRRRREAT! (as Tony the Tiger would say)...unfortunately it was so great (busy) at our booth, that I never got a chance to go out and walk the show--so, I'm a bit sad and pouty about that---so I'll be reading blogs and recaps with the rest of ya, because between work and teaching, I didn't see squat.....although I did see some fun stuff in retailers hands as they came in and visited me at the booth...............like the "Bind-It-All".........it's a must have..can't wait to get my hands on that! Marah's new paper with CI is so darn pretty...love it. Crystal and the gang at Magistical Memories have some great new Chip, including my friend Cheryl Mezzetti's new line--which rocks.

So, what was the highlight of the show for me---well, let me tell you! Okay, so Terri from StoneCreek Creations (The krafters purse), was invited to a Mary Engelbreit book signing because she advertises with ME's Home Companion Magazine. So, she casually mentions this one night when I stopped to say hello to her and Kim at dinner. Okay, anyone who knows me knows you DON'T CASUALLY mention that you're going to meet Mary Engelbreit--that's like saying, "I was thinking of having cocktails with God tonight, what do you think?" Needless to say when she offered to bring me as her guest, I turned into a blubbering pile.....so, 2 days later Terri shows up at the booth with the good news that for sure it's on, and to meet her at 5:00......so for the next 3 hours I was bouncing off the walls in the booth telling everyone that would listen "I'm going to meet Mary Engelbreit tonight!!" 5:00 finally came, I met up with Terri and Kim and we stopped by the hotel to change first...I had to make myself beautiful before meeting my hero! So, fast forward....we're in the little reception (and we're talking little--like maybe 40 people, so it was all comfy cozy with Mary!) and suddenly Mary enters the room--Kim is getting food at the appetizer buffet--I must tell her that Mary has entered the room, and I'm about to wet myself with excitement---so I'm doing the whisper yell--which isn't working...so I do the smile gritted teeth yell--which isn't working either--and I'm about to lose it when finally Kim returns to the table with the "what's up with you?!?!" look....and I say "mary in the room, mary in the room".....I think I needed a paper bag at this point--seriously I thought I was going to hyperventilate--I mean, we're talking Mary freaking Engelbreit here! You could have introduced me to Brad Pitt just then and told me he wanted to make out with me, and I would have shooed him away because he was blocking my view of Mary--that's how excited I was!

so, here I am in line--waiting to meet Mary and have her sign her newest book.

here I am about to explode with excitement and leave chunks of happiness all over Mary.

here I am deciding that I really should show Mary the tattoo I have on my back of her cherry design. (by the way, her response was "you're insane"...I'm sure she meant it with love)


I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the night. Seriously, I think I owe Terri my first born child (if I don't have kids Terri, I'll buy you something better).....you are so a rock star--and an absolute sweetheart--Love ya! Love ya!

Okay--more pics from my trip tomorrow---but for now I have to venture out into the artic blast again and run some
errands. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How totally exciting!

February 07, 2007  
Blogger Charlee said...

OMG!! Chelsea! You are just too funny Girl! This is actually the first time today that I've smiled and meant it!

I'm so glad you got to meet Mary E.! If you hadn't, you wouldn't have been able to make my day! :)

February 07, 2007  
Blogger Nancywithajones said...

I know she meant that insane thing as LOVE BABY! CUZ she is Mary Englebreit baby! IM roflmbo you are such a hoot. I felt like I was with you. Id be a blubbering pile right beside you pointing going LOOOOOK or id had to throw a roll or something a fork soemthing. That is flippin hsyterical woman! I have missed you! STAY WARM geeez you will freeze your cherrys off if you arent careful!!

February 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics