Tuesday, November 21, 2006

a couple new cards

I just couldn't resist making cards with some of the new photos I bought at an antique shop in Omaha. Cara told me to check out SECOND CHANCE ANTIQUES, and I'm so glad I did!!!!! I just wish I had more time!

The first card will be for my Dad's birthday----so, Dad if your reading this--close your eyes!

The second card has a quote from the movie SWINGERS inside,
"you're so money, and you don't even know it!" It just fit so perfect with the picture--I had to!!!
Old pictures are tons of fun---no matter if they your family or not! Legacy Magazine encourages readers to "adopt" pictures--and create stories about the people in the pictures--I think that's a brilliant idea. It makes me so sad to see these pictures just sitting in shoe boxes in a store--when they could be pieces of our art--or we could create new memories for them, with them-------------------let them inspire you, you never know what direction they'll take you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous work Chelsea! I love vintage!!

November 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! So glad you got to check out Second Chance.
They have everything. I love all the vintage ephemera, photos, games, etc.
And . . . I LOVE what you've done with your purchases. Brilliant!
I have some old pictures just waiting for me. I will "adopt" them and make up my own story just like you suggested. Such a good idea!

November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics