Wednesday, May 14, 2008

crafty gardner

The weather was warm today and allowed me to work on a couple projects outside. So, I've had a bunch of old farm windows for a couple years, and haven't done anything with them yet--as a matter of fact, Jason got so annoyed with them that he put them up in the garage rafters---so I climbed up and got them. (that's totally a lie....I'm desperately afraid of tall ladders, so I asked my neighbor to get them for me, since Jason was out of town) Once they were down, I attached a Kroken rail from ikea. Then with the addition of the Kroken cutlery caddy, some chain, eye hooks, s hooks, a some happy annuals, I have this: It's not completely done yet, and that's where I need YOUR help...so I'm going to stencil (or reverse stencil/mask) something on it---I had originally thought about our last name--but Jason hates that..and also is not a fan of "no place like home" (why he's hating on the wizard of oz I don't know)....for sure I'm going to do a small hummingbird and additional flowers in the lower left corner...but as far as words, I don't know yet---what are your thoughts? nothing overly cutesy (so no, "live laugh love" shit) and it should be short . Let me know your thoughts and ideas!---comment!

I told my little sister Irene that I'd do some artwork for her today and post it on my blog--but between the nice weather and finally getting to do some yard work and my above project, and an early day migraine--I didn't get around to it--but good things come to those who wait, so tomorrow, I swear!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~ maggie brudos ~ said...

oh i love that..
how about a little life is short so kick ass! jason may like that.. not so cutsie :)

it has been so nice out!!

May 16, 2008  
Blogger Lietta Ruger said...

Now that's an idea! I have some window screens that I was using in garden to let the vine type vegetables climb. I think I will use your idea instead, as I like it better!

The photo really helps to visualize what you have done.

oh, and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - uses for mismatched socks.

May 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics