Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The best feeling and the worst feeling

I started making "the calls" this morning..................it's such an amazing feeling, being able to give people so much joy with a phone call. "oh my god, are you serious? really? thank you! thank you! thank you!" their excitement is contageous and I can't help but smile ear to ear and want to jump around in their kitchen with them.
At the same time though, I know when I'm done making these calls, there's going to be a lot of dissappointed people because their phone didn't ring. This was so tough--so much tougher than I ever imagined it would be. The amount of talent that is out there is ENORMOUS and if I could fit it all onto our design team I would............then again the company would go broke, but I'd do it. Looking back at the pile of applicants that didn't make it, there are layouts in there that I could only dream of doing--ideas that blow my mind--journaling that made me weep--moments that made me laugh out loud! We'll being doing guest spots on a monthly basis, and I'll be making calls throughout the next year to some of those amazing scrappers............I just wish I could have had them all on the team at once.

To those of you who I've talked to, and will be talking to, Congratulations. I'm extremely excited to have you as part of the team!

To those of you who did not make the team this year, please know that this was so very hard---please know that you are so very very very talented, and I appreciate every ounce of effort that went into your beautiful entries that I've been gushing over for weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancywithajones said...

We love you either way chels :)

YOU ROCK WOMAN!!!!!

September 20, 2006  
Blogger Gaspegirl said...

Celebrate Chelsea... don't worry about us little people! We'll be ok! Awesome team Chelsea!

September 21, 2006  
Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Chelsea,

I feel your pain. We still love you. That won't ever change! :) I would appreciate some feedback though. If you don't mind....you can email me!

xox

September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics